On March 23rd, the Governor of the State of Michigan, Gretchen Whitmer, announced a “Stay-at-Home” order. This order is currently scheduled to last until April 13, 2020. While this is certainly a challenging time for all, I can assure you BTI is doing our part to be productive in these unprecedented times. Toward that end, we are pleased to support our country and world under the Governments Critical Supplier Designation for specific projects. Additionally, while we understand that some interruptions are unavoidable, we wanted to provide an update on the steps we are taking in an effort to promote health and wellness while minimizing disruptions to our valued customers like you.
Other than limited staff on the manufacturing floor and service we are fully staffed, albeit remotely, in Mechanical, Electrical, Software and Controls Engineering. Additionally, we are partially staffed onsite in other key areas of our business including Operations, Finance, Shipping & Receiving and Purchasing. Lastly our Sales Engineers are available via email, text and phone to answers questions and provide support.
BTI’s Measurement & Testing Services division remains open providing balancing and testing services for designated “Critical Manufacturing Sector Suppliers”.
Our dedication to our customers, employees and country remains steadfast. We have seen this crisis bring out the absolute best in people and are encouraged, by working together, we will come out at the other end of this stronger, more nimble and certainly more adaptable!
Thank you for your time. We wish you and yours the very best!
Manufacturer of precision measurement and testing equipment is seeking a sharp-minded, talented and motivated Field Service Technicians to be part of a growing team.
Candidates must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science / Electrical Engineering or equivalent and have a minimum of 4 years of related engineering experience.
Candidates must be experienced with one or more of the programming languages listed below and proficient with Visual Studio developer environment.
• C++, C#, F#, VB.NET, WPF
Candidates must be experienced or proficient in the following:
• PLC and PC based control systems
• Motion control systems
• Control of pneumatics and hydraulics
• Mechanical systems
Candidates will team with various engineering disciplines and be responsible for:
• Participating in engineering and machine development meetings.
• Working with customer machine standards, customer engineers and approval processes.
• Developing software applications for precision measurement and testing machinery.
• Installing and troubleshooting computer hardware, peripheral devices, and measurement sensors.
• Identifying complex problems, reviewing related material, developing and implementing solutions.
• Assisting with machine power-up at our facility and / or customer site. Which includes, directing technician and machine builder activity through the machine debug, setup and qualification phase.
• Providing engineering solutions and technical support through all phases of a project.
Candidates must have strong math skills and possess excellent written and oral communications skills, sound decision making skills, and good judgment. Must be a self-starter and learn quickly in a fast paced team environment.
Domestic and International travel is required.
Please send resume and cover letter via email.